Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Deal

So, as we have settled in to life as two anesthesiologists, it begs the question: What is the next step? Kids? A new house? Both? Which one do I convince Jurgen is the way to go? And how? Initially, I thought we should have kids. It is the next logical step in our lives together, but then I looked around at our house. A two bedroom condo with no back yard in which we use the second bedroom as an office. Yes, a new house is needed before we take on the next challenge. However, we are in an economica downturn, a recession, and convincing my hubby that we can afford anew house is very difficult! It began to really stress him out. So much so, that he decided on a deal. He has pledged that he will work out 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week, every week. The moment he falters we can buy a house.
I win either way!! Either I get a smoking hot husband out of the deal, or I get a house. Either way, he stops being stressed out and gets healthy, at least for a little while.
For those of you who don't know, my husband is a couch potatoe. The most exercise he gets in a day is exercising his thumb muscles playing Xbox. So, this is a big deal. He must have been really stressed out about the prospect of having to buy a house. I commend him for it. We shall see if he is able to do it. But, like I said, either way, I win.

No comments: