Monday, February 21, 2011

City and Colour and Cyberfriends

I blog for my sanity. I blog for catharsis. To write down words that I might otherwise not be able to express to anyone else. I blog for me.
So, you might ask, Why blog, then? Why not just write everything down in a journal? If is just for me anyway, why do I care if anyone reads this? Well, on one hand, I don't care if anyone reads this. On the other hand, I think it is great that they do. I guess the reason is that I hope that I am not alone out there. That, somehow somewhere, there is someone out there experiencing the same things as I am. I feel like if I have the courage to write my experiences and feelings that that may strengthen someone else.
It works the other way, too. I had an anonymous person comment on one of my posts. They said that my words were exactly what they needed to hear that night, like an old friend. Hearing that made it all worth it. They also mentioned a band I had never heard - City and Colour. So, I thought I would check it out. And, I love it! I immediately downloaded a bunch of their music. I am, right now, listening to them as I write this.
Tonight, this blog goes out to all of those who read, and all of those who write. Not just on blogs, but other forms of Cyberspace. Keep posting and commenting on Facebook. Keep Tweeting your goings on. One post at a time we can stay connected, and make a change, even if it is just for one person, to help them get through a lonely night.

2 comments:

KJ Konkin said...

Amen :-D

Burnt Raisin said...

Couldn't agree any less. Nothing can be more delightful than to discover that another human being has succeeded in putting to words our very thoughts..our very sentiments..

I have always wanted to write.. doing it on a blog though is different. There exists, in doing this, a hope that what we type here will also matter to another and affect them, hopefully, in a positive, and beautiful way.

I am one such aspirant. And you are one such stranger.

Thank you for this delightful post. =)

(PS Found you by blogwalking. =)