Monday, June 20, 2011

I wanted to say thank you as well

My highschool Drama teacher retired the other day. There was a variety show held in his honour. After almost 40 years at A. E. Peacock, there were many students who wanted to showcase their talents. From singers, to dancers, to actors, to comedy acts. I, unlike my highschool years, sat in the audience and watched, marvelling at the talent this school has seen.
I remember highschool so well. I have to say, I loved every minute of it! It was there that I began to form who I am today. And, Lyle, you had a large part in that. I learned about committment, and hard work. I learned about dealing with stress while having fun, and how to leave your nerves at the door. I learned what being in a team is all about.
So, I may not be an artist now. In fact, I am not a teacher of primary or secondary school. But, I am an educator. I have taken some of the things that you taught me and I apply them everyday with my students. Sure, they aren't learning lines, or choreography, but you always made learning fun, and that is what I try to do with my students.
LJ, you have touched so many lives along the way. I feel blessed to have been one of your students and learned so many of life's important lessons from you.
Enjoy your retirement!! You deserve it!!

No comments: