Sunday, June 8, 2008

my life in a box

The sky outside echoes how I feel inside. It is cloudy with the sun just trying to break through and shine. That is how I feel at present - a little sad, but also joyful at what is to come. I am leaving. After 14 years of sweat and toil, of tears and joy, I am leaving. I am packing up the house that I have lived in for five years. The first house that I ever bought, my first house as husband and wife. The house where I toiled and sweat and worried as a resident.

It is kind of sad really. The mere fact that you can pack your entire life into 15 little boxes is just a little depressing. Not to mention that I hate moving. I hate it. I find it very stressful. What if I don't get everything done? Well, there is always the movers. They are packing all of my breakables, and whatever else I don't quite get done.

Then there is the excitement: I am moving to Regina. I will be with my husband and kitties again. We will be a family. I am starting my CAREER. Not just another year of my training, not just another year of my residency, but the actual career that I have been striving for for the last 14 years! I am excited, and a little apprehensive all at the same time. I will really have to prove myself now. It is not enough to just have those little letters (FRCPC), but now I have to prove that I am worth them. Everyone says it is better. Everyone says there is not as much of an adjustment as you would think. If those before me can do it, so can I!

The future is wide open. What cases will I do? What places will we visit? Will we buy a new house? Car? What about kids? It is all open at this point (mostly for discussion).

At this point, I just want to finish packing.

1 comment:

Jennie Grado said...

i heart you dr.mcbain.