Friday, June 27, 2008

spiritual moment

It seems like the universe is trying to tell me something. I have been bombarded by spirituality lately. Yesturday we went to Jurgen's Aunt's house for dinner. His cousins, whom I love, were there. Both of them are quite different from how I see myself, but also similar. One is a Vegan, and one has recently discovered a new spirituality. As much as I find so much of that stuff a little weird, I have to admit I was intrigued. Then, today I had the luxury of watching the last 15 minutes of Oprah. Again, they were talking about spirituality and how you can "heal your life". Both of these, although different, had the same message: you have the power to change your life through positive thoughts and actions.
Think about it. It makes sense, doesn't it? When you are happy, the world is your oyster. You are smarter, stronger, better. When you are depressed, the world is dark, cold, empty. It is so much easier to harness positive energy than negative energy. So simple, and yet we are all not doing it? What makes it so difficult to do that? How do we let ourselved become overwhelmed with negative energy and thoughts? All of us do it. So, how to change it? I guess that is where these folks have come in. Their ideas of "positive thinking", "vision boards", and "the Law of Attraction".
Where does this leave us? The universe is trying to get my attention, and if you are reading this, yours as well. Why not try it? For one week, I am going to try and be completely positive, and grateful. Also, I will envsion a goal and think positively about it. The universe wants to listen, we just need to speak its language. Try it. See what happens.

No comments: