Thursday, July 3, 2008

Vacation Joy

I am loving my life. I am loving my time off. I am not really doing anything terribly constructive, and I think that is just wonderful. I seem to be able to fill up my days running, reading, hanging out, and running errands. It has been great.
We have also spent a lot of time at the lake where we can play host to many people. I have become a much better waterskier in the last few weeks. Now, I can slalem just like the boys. I may even decide to try my hand at wakeboarding, maybe.
I had a moment of pure bliss today. While surfing the net (which I have not spent any time doing in over a year), my kitty came and sat on my lap. There she sat cuddled up next to me, purring. Both of us were completely content. They are so great. I love that Seven runs to the door whenever I come home. I love that Stupe is so affectionate.
Could I do this sitting around thing forever? No. I think eventually I would go stir crazy. However, the prospect of actually starting practice on my own is a little daunting. But for now, dreams of where we will visit in the next 6 months (Thailand, Jamaica, San Diego) keep that at bay.
So, more advice: I recommend that if anyone can have a few weeks off to do absolutely nothing, they take it. It is very freeing, relaxing, rejeuvenating.

No comments: