Monday, July 7, 2008

Lake and Run

I didn't really have much to do today, so I went out to the Lake. Jurgen had forgotten his wallet there, and there was some stuff I wanted to bring back. I also wanted to run some of the hills there. So, I went. It was rainy and cloudy on the way out, but as I descended into the valley I could feel the sun start to peak out and its golden rays wash the city away. It was so peaceful out there. The birds were singing. There was no one around. I thought to myself, once again, how fortunate Jurgen and I are.
As I was exhilarated from the beauty around me, I decided to go for a longish run along with my hill training. I ran the 3 km to the big hill that goes up to the farm land and part of the Reserve above the lake. As I began the half km run in the gravel up to the top, it started to rain. It was gruelling. I had to stop a lot, but I was determined to make it to the top. I know it is important for my training to do hill work, even if I hate it. I completed 9km of a hard run full of rain, wind and hills.
Once again, as I rounded the corner into the property, the sun began to shine. I was dried off right away and able to enjoy a few minutes of peace yet again. One of these days I am going to bring out the cats and stay out there for a day or two. That would be lovely, peaceful, pure bliss. I love the Lake.

No comments: