Sunday, March 21, 2010

hard work paying off

It seems like a lot of times I use this blog as a form of catharsis, a way to vent. When I am upset about something, or feeling badly, I use this blog as a way to express myself.
Today is a different sort of blog.
I have been feeling incredibly happy lately. I have been loving my life and everything in it! I don't know if it is the sun, or the weather, or what, but life is great!
I have a wonderful husband who I still love to pieces, two cats who love me to pieces, a great house in a nice neighborhood, a great job in which I get to hang out with nice people, and lots of fantastic friends. We are planning my dream trip to the places which were top 2 on my list of places to see, and it won't make me broke for my entire life to do it.
Even my job, which is sometimes taxing and stressful has been lovely. I have had a couple of really challenging days with tough cases, and they have gone beautifully. My patients have been really gracious, all of my lines have been effortless, even my epidurals have "fallen in".
So, now as I right this I become a crazy person. I begin to worry. It can't stay like this forever. Something has to happen. The wheels always come off, so what will it be? I guess best not to think to much on that, and just continue to enjoy the moment.
People always told me that someday all my hard work would pay off. They were right.

1 comment:

Jennie Grado said...

I completely resonate with what you're saying. I felt the same way after the wedding - so very happy and yet slightly nervous. I had just married a wonderful man, and had spent weeks surrounded by my best friends and felt all of the love and support there is for me out there. Someone once asked me how good I can stand it...gave me a lot to think about. You deserve all of this and more my dear.