Friday, December 16, 2011

Child care woes

I can't believe what this blog has become. It really reflects how all encompassing being pregnant is, at least for me. I am SO happy I didn't try to attempt this while in residency. I just wouldn't have been able to focus. Good job to those who did, but not me! And, waiting gave my hubby and I a chance to have some fun and do some traveling without kids.
Now, however, I have concerns that I never thought I would have before we got pregnant: Child care. A friend of mine said that I should have put my name on a waiting list for Day Cares MONTHS ago. What?! This kid isn't even born yet! I thought, surely not in Saskatchewan. Our population is not that big, it can't be that bad. Well, clearly I am wrong. I found a fantastic Day Care yesterday that will take a child as young as I want, and they have a wait list - over a YEAR!
So, now I am freaked. How does one find childcare? Do you go the nanny route? And if so, live-in or live-out? Do you go the Day Care route? Or do you bite the bullet and be a stay-at-home parent? The last, I have to admit, is the least pallatable. I didn't go to school for 14 years to spend my time at home. So, if you decide one way, how do you go about setting it up? How do you find someone you trust to leave your child with? There are a lot of crazies out there.
I am hoping we will be lucky and find something suitable. We do have 7 months to find something, so cross your fingers!!

No comments: