Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggedy jigg!

We just got back from Montreal.  We were there for a week.  We went for a wedding, and stayed for the fun.  We did some of the traditional tourist sites like Old Montreal, Notre Dame basilica, and the Harbour.  We did some shopping on St. Catherine street and on St. Laurent.  Then we also did some fun things.  We went on a rapids ride down the St. Lawrence river, and to La Ronde Six Flags amusement park.  That was probably the best part of the whole trip!  I learned a couple of things there - Jurgen likes rollercoasters as much as I do, and we are both just a bunch of big kids.  6 rollercoasters in under 7 hours!  The little bones in my ears where just a whirling by the end of the day!!
Some of the bad things of the trip really made me appreciate the end of the trip - coming home.  I lost my camera the third day.  I left it in the restaurant we were in (I am sure!).  It never turned up.  In SK someone would have turned it in, not taken it.  Then, the French.  Some were nice, but we ran across some that were really rude!  At the wedding for example, we were unfortunately seated at a table with all french, except us.  They only spoke French around us, although I knew for a fact that they could all speak English.  They got up to do a little song and did not invite us.  We just felt completely excluded.  Luckily, my hubby has a great sense of humour and kept me laughing about it all.
Then the noise.  We were on a busy street in a hotel with a hot bar, which we were above.  In short, little sleep.
I had a great time in Montreal, but I am very happy to be home again.  The kitties were super happy to see us, I know we will have a great sleep, and there are no French people here.
Amen SK!!

No comments: